Seawolves Hunt Down Week 7 Win, Defeat Dallas in Inaugural Match
March 19, 2022 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) – The Seattle Seawolves traveled to Dallas to face Western Conference opponent and League newcomers, Dallas Jackals (0-6) for the first time. An early try from scrumhalf JP Smith sparked energy that Seattle rode through the full 80, scoring three more tries and earning a bonus-point win on the road. 34-12, Seattle.
• Kieran Joyce earned the starting spot at Flyhalf and had a 10-point performance off the kicking tee
• Discipline and sound set pieces teed up opportunities across the Seawolves roster
• Number eight and Captain Riekert Hattingh scored his fifth, Center Tavite Lopeti scored his third, and Scrumhalf JP Smith scored his second try of the season
• Fullback Mat Turner made his first appearance of the 2022 season, scoring in the first half
• Seattle earned a bonus point for scoring 4 tries or more, on top of the 4 points for the win, totaling to 21 points in the Western Conference Standings and moving up to the #2 position
Joyce (3’, 33’, 53’) 3/3
Joyce (8’, 24’) 2/3
The Seattle Seawolves (4-3) return to Starfire Stadium in Week 8 on Saturday, March 26 to face the defending MLR Champions, the LA Giltinis, at 3:00 PM PT. This match up will be the first time two MLR Championship Clubs will face one another after LA won the title in 2021 and Seattle won the shield in both 2018 and 2019 seasons. Seattle versus Los Angeles will be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS regionally and streamed online on The Rugby Network. Three-match bundles and single match tickets available now at https://seawolves.rugby/buy-tickets/.
Run With the Pack Rugby Youth Camps start before the home match
The Seawolves are once again proud to partner with ROOT SPORTS for
Charles Elton, a highly skilled New Zealand defender, has signed on for
After playing with NOLA Gold last season, Taylor Krumrei is back with
TUKWILA, WASHINGTON – The Seattle Seawolves have announced their preseason match schedule