Seawolves Battle Back to West #3 with Victory Over Utah
Photo by George Manu
April 23, 2022 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) – The Seattle Seawolves traveled to the Utah Warriors (2-7) for a 7:00 PM PT match in Salt Lake City. Despite an early yellow card to Number Eight Riekert Hattingh, the captain finished off strong phases of play for two tries on the night. Paired with flyhalf JP Smith stepping up as Seattle’s choice kicker for the week 12 contest, as well as staunch, scrappy defense across the matchday roster, the Seawolves won on the road. 20-14, Seattle.
• Seattle sweep their regular season series over Utah, winning both home and away
• Number eight Riekert Hattingh scored his seventh and eighth tries on the season
• Fly half JP Smith successfully took on kicking duties while Reid Watkins earned his first start at scrumhalf
• A new-look matchday 23 showcased the depth of the Seawolves roster and its potential
• Seawolves jump back into a Western Conference playoff spot, sitting at #3 in the standings heading into Week 13 with six weeks remaining in the season
Flyhalf JP Smith (38’, 64’) 2/2
Flyhalf JP Smith (28’, 34’) 2/3
Week 13 has Seattle traveling to Austin, Texas to face the #1 seed in the Western Conference, the Austin Gilrgonis (9-2) on Sunday, May 1. Kick off will be at 4:00 PM PT and streamed live on ROOT SPORTS and The Rugby Network.
The Seattle Seawolves will return to Starfire Stadium on Sunday, May 8 to face the Dallas Jackals at 7:00 PM PT. Seattle versus Dallas will be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS regionally and streamed online on The Rugby Network. Fans can purchase single match tickets at https://tickets.seawolves.rugby/.
September 22, 2023 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) – The Seattle Seawolves Rugby Club is pleased
September 15, 2023 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) – Joe Taufete’e, isn’t just an Eagle,
September 14, 2023 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) - “I'm delighted to welcome Ryan to
Mack Mason grew up in Queensland, Australia, ranching and wrangling cattle. It
September 11, 2023 (TUKWILA, WASHINGTON) – Toni Pulu joins the Seattle Seawolves,